Richardson Ocular strives to provide the best in custom made ocular prosthetics tailor made for the unique characteristcs of each individual.
Custom Fit Ocular Prosthesis or Prothetic Eye
- Modifications of existing prosthetic eyes - enlargments, reductions, and color adjustments. Scleral shell or conventional prosthesis and all shapes and sizes in between.
- Enlargements (buildup) or reductions to prosthesis to accommodate discomfort or changes to eye socket anatomy.
- Color Adjustments.
Cleaning & Polishing (resurfacing)
- Recommended twice a year or every 6 months. This service is important for monitoring the condition of patients eye socket. As well as the condition of the prosthesis from normal wear & tear. The comfort level of an artificial eye wearer can change dramatically with the this simple service.
- It can aid in combating the effects of season change, allergans, excess mucus discharge, and protein deposts that appear on the surface of the artifical eye.
We also provide the following services
- Working with special needs patients such as those in nursing home care, those in the hospital, and children of all ages.
- In all situations we seek to provide the best care possible to those who have entrusted themselves to our care.